5th Mediterranean Students Days @ Campus SophiaTech, February 28 - March 2 2017
The partners of the new
SophiaTech Campus, Inria, University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis,
CNRS (I3S, LEAT) and the Labex
UCN@Sophia are organizing the fifth edition of the «
Mediterranean Days@Campus SophiaTech ». They will be held on the
Campus from February 28th till March 2nd 2017.
The goal is to present to some selected students, our research activities with a focus on our international masters. There will be some general presentations and scientific visits of research teams (according to the student's choice).
We intend to welcome students from Greece, Italy, Spain, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Lebanon, Egypt and Turkey (around 35 students in total).
- Feb 27th: The final program of the Meddays 2017 is available in the Program section
- Feb 13th: The preliminary program of the Meddays 2017 is available in the Program section
- Feb 7th: The list of the selected students is available
- Dec 10th: Are you willing to sponsor the Meddays 2017? You can find more information here
- Nov 27th: Important: date change! Meddays 2017 will be held from February 28th till March 2nd 2017
- Oct 24th: Meddays 2017 poster is available here
- Oct 24th: Applications for the 2017 edition of the Meddays are welcome
- Oct 20th: Meddays 2017 web site is open
If you need some help or information, you can contact us at email@example.com
|Tuesday, February 28th|
|FORUM building (see building  on this campus map), lower deck, "Learning Centre" space|
|10:00||General Introduction - J. Montagnat (Researcher, CNRS) - Slides|
|10:20||Côte d'Azur welcomes Talents - V. Marcié (Head of Marketing and Communications, Team Côte d'Azur) - Slides|
|10:50||University Côte d'Azur - E. Paitel (UCA Training Program Director) - Slides|
|11:20||From Graduate Studies to Research - J. Montagnat (Researcher, CNRS) - Slides|
|11:30||Masters and Doctoral School|
|12:50||Wrap-up - Slides|
|14:30||I3S Laboratory Presentation - Slides|
|17:00||Student Testimonies and Buffet|
Wednesday, March 1st
|FORUM building (see building  on this campus map), upper deck, room 101|
|09:30||LEAT Laboratory Presentation - Host: L. Lizzi (Professor, UNS) - Slides|
|12:30||Lunch boxes, free afternoon|
Thursday, March 2nd
|Inria Sophia Antipolis Méditerranée, Euler building (see  on this campus map), room Euler Blue|
|09:00||Inria Research Centre Presentation - Host: C. Barakat (Researcher, Inria)|
|14:30||Research and Innovation|
- Chadi Barakat (Inria, Sophia Antipolis, France)
- Jean-Claude Bermond (Inria, Sophia Antipolis, France)
- Rachid Deriche (Inria, Sophia Antipolis, France)
- Sylvie Dupas (Labex UCN@SOPHIA)
- Sarah Fontaine (Labex UCN@SOPHIA)
- Leonardo Lizzi (LEAT, Sophia Antipolis, France)
- Magali Martin (Inria, Sophia Antipolis, France)
- Johan Montagnat (I3S, Labex UCN@Sophia, Sophia Antipolis, France)
Study Opportunities in English
Nice Sophia Antipolis University, France
- Master 1 in computer Science
- Ubinet (Ubiquitous Networking and Computing)
- CBB (Computational Biology and Biomedecine)
- International Master in Communications and Computer Security
- International Master in Mobile Communications
- International Master in Multimedia Information Technologies
- Post Master Degree in Communications for Intelligent Transport Systems
- Post Master Degree in Security in Computer Systems and Communications
Study Opportunities in French
Nice Sophia Antipolis University, France
- Master of Science BIM : Biology, Informatics and Mathematics
- Master of Science in Electronics, Systems and Telecommunications (ESTel)
- Master in Computer Science
- Masters in Mathematics Engineering
Engineering school Polytech Nice-sophia
Research Opportunities in Campus SophiaTech
Four research institutes are present in the Campus SophiaTech.
For any information, you can send an e-mail to the organization
A welcome book edited by the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis and the Student Association for international exchanges is available here.
Venue and useful informations
Your accommodation is located at CIV in Valbonne (Sophia Antipolis).
Centre International de Valbonne (CIV)
190 Rue Frédéric Mistral
Tel: +33 (0)4 92 96 52 00
CIV location on a bigger map
CIV is within walking distance from the Forum building were the Meddays will be held (about 20 minutes by foot).
- Bus number line 1 runs from "Place Bermond" (next to CIV entrance) to "Templiers" bus stop.
- Line 100 runs from "Gare Routières Sophia Antipolis" central station to "Templiers" bus stop.
Here is a map that shows both Forum Building and CIV (Click on the map for bigger size).
How to reach the location of the Mediterranean Students Days
The Campus SophiaTech is located at Sophia Antipolis on the French Riviera, close to Nice (28km), Cannes (12km) and Antibes (8km)
Bus stops (Templiers, IUT and INRIA) close to the
Nearest international airport is Nice-Côte d'Azur (20km)
Regular shuttles from the airport (Terminal 1 and 2) to Sophia Antipolis by bus: Line 230 - bus stop "Les templiers" (for Campus)
- From Marseille-Aix by the A8 motorway, take the exit Antibes-Grasse-Sophia Antipolis, direction Sophia Antipolis.
- From Nice by the A8 motorway, take the exit Antibes-Sophia Antipolis, direction Sophia Antipolis (the road on the right just after the toll).
The closest railway station is located in Antibes.
Regular shuttles from Antibes SNCF railway station to Sophia Antipolis by bus with Envibus:
- Lines 1 - 11
- Line 9
- Express line: 100
By public transport (Fare ticket: 1,50€)
- From Nice-Côte d'Azur Airport : Line
230 - Bus stop "Templiers"
- From Nice-Ville : Line
230 - Bus stop "Templiers"
- From Cannes SNCF railway station (with transfer) Line 230 - Stop "Gare routiere Sophia Antipolis" then take Line 1-11 (Bus stop "Templiers") or 9 (Bus stop "Iut")
- From Antibes : Envibus
Lines Lines 1 - 11 - Bus stop "Templiers"
Line 9 – Bus stop "IUT" Express line 100 - Bus stop "Templiers" (2mn walking distance from Campus)
From Nice Côte d’Azur Airport About 20 minutes, (appr. 55€)
Taxi Sophia +33 (0) 6 27 51 01 51
Centrale Orange Taxi +33 (0) 820 906 960
Motorbike transport: +33 (0) 6 58 79 81 31
see also: http://www.cote-azur.com.fr
Nice Cote d'Azur Airport offers a choice of several car rental companies (Terminal 2).
Nice to know
Opening/closing hours, public holidays, currency, areas codes for France, Emergency phone numbers, advice for a trouble-free stay...
The French Riviera benefits from a Mediterranean-type climate, characterised by exceptional sunshine almost 300 days a year and mild temperatures for most of the year.
It rains heavily but infrequently mostly in March/April and October/November. In winter, freezing temperatures are rare, but sweaters are advised.
Shops are usually open from 9 am to 7 pm from Monday to Saturday. Department stores may stay open until 9 pm. Banks are open from 8.30 to 12 noon and 2 to 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday, with some branches opening on Saturday mornings and during lunch time.
The 1st of January, Easter Monday, May 1st (May Day), May 8th (VE Day), Ascension Day (Thursday), Whit Monday, July 14th (Bastille Day), August 15th, November 1st (All Saints), November 11th (Armistice Day) and December 25th (Christmas).
On legal holidays, banks, government offices, shops, the majority of businesses and also many museums and tourist attractions are closed.
Credit cards are accepted in many shops, hotels and restaurants (there is usually a minimum amount of between €7 and €15). For cash, you will find cash-points on just about every street corner (24 hours a day).
Bank branches, exchange bureaux and some post offices handle currency exchange transactions and traveller's cheques. Whatever you are buying, prices are net.
Emergency phone numbers
Dial the following numbers (toll-free)
SAMU (medical emergencies): 15
Police emergency: 17
European emergency call: 112
To call France in France: 0 + area number + number
To call France from abroad: 00 + 33 + number
To call abroad: 00 + country exchange number + number
220 Volts - 380 Volts / 50 Hertz
A few tips for a pleasant trouble-free holiday
- You are strongly recommended to respect smoking/no smoking signs in public places.
- It is always useful to have a little cash on you at all times for little out-of-pocket expenses like taxi fares to the airport, drinks, etc.
- A service charge is included in the price of each item on the menu in any cafe or restaurant as required by French law. In theory, no further tipping is expected.
However, it is pretty common to leave something after a bite to eat or drink. But it’s never expected and is only given for good or attentive service, or at a place you habituate frequently. Extra generosity will never hurt.
- If you are driving, park only where authorised and respect speed limits on highways and motorways.
List of Selected Students
University of Patras
University of Bologna
University of Trento
Feyso Addis Abebe
Birihan Medimem Tadie
University of Bari
University of Verona
University of Madrid
Carlos Saito Murata
Pictures from Mediterranean Students Days 2014 and 2013 can be found here.
Pictures from Mediterranean Students Days 2016 can be directly found on the Facebook page.
The Mediterranean Students Days could not exist without the support of our sponsors.
If you want to support us, you can find more information here.